Privacy Notice for Customers
Cornel Polymer Co., Ltd. (referred to as “we”) respects the rights to privacy of our customers (referred to as “you”). To ensure that your personal data is protected, we have created this privacy notice to inform the details regarding the collection, use, disclosure, deletion, and destruction (collectively, the processing ) of your personal data in accordance with the personal data protection law.
1. Why We Process Your Personal Data
1.1 We process your personal data to because it is necessary for the performance of the contracts between you and us and to provide you with services and products, manage your account, make deliveries, proceed with accounting and financial matters, provide after sales services, process returns or refunds.
1.2 We process your personal data for the purposes of the legitimate interests. Examples of why your personal data is processed in this regard are as follow:
(1) To manage, develop, and conduct our business operations which include administration and development of websites and applications, fraud prevention and detection, crime prevention, relationship management for current and potential customers, maintenance of information technology (IT) systems;
(2) To protect your security such as provision of security measures, protection of your personal data and access control;
(3) To conduct marketing research and data;
(4) To establish, exercise, or defend your or our legal claims.
1.3 We process your personal data to protect vital interests of you or of another person, for instance, to control and prevent disease.
1.4 We process your personal data for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
1.5 With your consent, we process your personal data to:
(1) Enable us, the companies in our group, and our partners to send news and privileges to you via emails, SMS, applications, social media, telephone, and direct mails; and
(2) Conduct other activities in which case we will inform and request your new consent from time to time. You can find out more about consent in item 4 of this privacy notice.
2. Personal Data We Collect
2.1. When you use our services, purchase our products, become a member of our website, application; we collect the following personal data:
(1) Personal information such as first name, last name, place of birth, marital status, address, Line ID, copy of your ID card, copy of your passport, conversation history;
(2) Contact information such as email address, telephone number, home address, office address, social media account;
(3) Information related to your work such as occupation, position, work experience;
(4) Information related to purchase of products or services;
(5) Personal data you have given to us when you contact us or request our after sales services.
2.2. When you visit our website or application, we collect the following personal data:
(1) Information about your registration;
(2) Information about electronic devices that you use, such as IP Address and location data;
(3) The type and version of the browser you use and the type and a plug-in.
2.3 When you visit our sites or premises, we may collect, and process your images, video, and audio recorded by CCTV in these areas.
2.4 When you contact us, we may collect the following personal data:
(1) Personal information, such as name, date of birth, photograph, identification card number, passport number;
(2) Contact information such as name, telephone number, email, address;
(3) Information regarding your complaint.
3. Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
4. Consent, Withdrawal, and Consequences
4.1. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time but such withdrawal will not affect the validity of the processing made prior to the withdrawal of consent.
4.2. Your withdrawal of consent or refusal to provide certain information may result in us being unable to fulfill some or all of the objectives stated in this privacy notice.
5. Retention Period
5.1 We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to meet the objectives and in compliance with the law and retention standards.
5.2 We have established a system to delete or destroy your personal data when the retention period expires or when it becomes irrelevant.
5.3 If your personal data is processed based on consent, we will stop the processing when you have withdrawn the consent. However, we may keep your personal data to record your withdrawn so we can respond to your request in the future.
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
6.1 We disclose and share your personal data with:
(1) Affiliated companies (“affiliates”) to provide you with products and services and to communicate with you; and
(2) Individuals and entities which are not our affiliates (third parties), such as transport and logistics service providers, postal service providers, data processing service providers, marketing service providers (who might send messages to you to promote our products and services), contractors (who might perform tasks on our behalf), financial service providers, IT service providers, IT developers, programmers, auditors, consultants, advisors, government agencies, insurers, legal advisors, third parties that are related to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes or requirements under the laws or regulations of Thailand or laws and regulations of other jurisdictions that apply to us, our affiliates, or financial institutions to manage risks and to help detect and prevent illegal acts and fraud that may occur and other violations to our policies and agreements, and other persons who have to obtain your personal data to make us able to conduct business, provide products and services, and meet the purposes for the collection and processing of personal data as described in this privacy notice.
6.2 In the event of a restructuring; we may disclose your personal data to a transferee or an acquirer and their advisor. However, we will use our best effort to protect your personal data which includes requiring the transferee or the acquirer and their advisor to comply with this privacy notice.
6.4 We will require persons receiving your personal data to take appropriate measures to protect your personal data and prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data.
7. Transferring Personal Data Overseas
7.1 We may send or transfer your personal data to our affiliates or other persons in a foreign country if it is necessary in order for us to perform our obligations in the contract to which you are the counterparty or contract between us and third party for your benefit, to protect your and third party’s life, body and health, to comply with laws or to the extent necessary for the public interest activities.
7.2 We may store your information on a computer, server, or cloud provided by a third party. And may use third-party programs, applications and platforms in processing your personal data. However, we will not allow unrelated parties to access to your personal data and will require such parties to have appropriate security protection measures.
7.3 In the event that your personal data is transferred to a foreign country, we will comply with applicable personal data protection laws and take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data is protected and you can exercise your rights in accordance with the laws. Moreover, we will require those who receive the data to have appropriate protection measures for your personal data, to process such personal data only as necessary, and to take steps to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data.
8. Security Measures
We have implemented appropriate administrative standards to protect your personal data from loss and unauthorized access use, disclose, or destruction. We use technology and security procedures, such as encryption and access restriction, to ensure that only authorized people shall have access to your personal data, and that they are trained about the importance of protecting personal data. We will review the above-mentioned measures when necessary.
9.1 Your Rights as a Data Subject
(1) Withdraw the consent you have given to us;
(2) Request to view and copy your personal data or disclose the source where we obtain your personal data;
(3) Send or transfer personal data that is in an electronic form as required by personal data protection laws to other data controllers;
(4) Oppose the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information about you;
(5) Delete or destroy or make your personal data non-personally identifiable (anonymous) information;
(6) Suspend the use of your personal data;
(7) Correct your personal information to be current, complete, and not cause misunderstanding;
(8) Complain to the Personal Data Protection Committee in the event that we, our data processors, our employees, or our contractors violate or do not comply with personal data protection laws.
10. Information About Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
10.1 Data Controller: Cornel Polymer Co., Ltd.
Bangpoo Industrial Estate 548 Moo 4, Soi 9, Pattana 1 Road, T. Phragsa, A. Muang, Samutprakarn 10280, Thailand
10.2 In the event that you have a question regarding personal data protection, please call 02-323-0812-3 or send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
June 1st, 2022